By Patrick Lenz
Want to benefit all approximately Ruby on Rails 2.0, the net software framework that's inspiring builders round the world?
The moment variation of this functional, arms on publication will:
- show you ways to put in Ruby on Rails on home windows, Mac, or Linux
- walk you, step-by-step, during the improvement of an internet 2.0 social information software, similar to digg.com
- show you ways to check, debug, benchmark, and install your Rails application
Unlike different Rails books, this ebook does not think that you're an skilled net developer, or that you've got used Ruby ahead of. a whole bankruptcy is dedicated to studying Ruby in a enjoyable means, utilizing the interactive Ruby console, so that you can keep on with alongside at domestic. you may be an comprehensive Ruby programmer in no time!
The instance program that the booklet builds - a user-generated information website - is equipped upon with each one following bankruptcy, and ideas comparable to classes, cookies and easy AJAX utilization are progressively brought. assorted elements of Rails, reminiscent of consumer authentication, consultation cookies, and automatic checking out are explored with every one function that's additional to the application.
The publication finishes with chapters on debugging, benchmarking and deployment to a dwell net server.
By the top of the booklet, you should have outfitted a fully-featured net 2.0 program and deployed it to the net. And all code is updated for Rails 2.0, so that you can start coding instantly with the newest model of Rails.
What Will You Learn?
This publication will train you ways to:
- Program with self belief within the Ruby language.
- Build and installation an entire Rails internet application.
- Exploit the hot beneficial properties to be had in Rails 2.
- Use Rails' Ajax positive aspects to create slick interfaces.
- Reap the advantages of a best-practice MVC architecture.
- Work with databases simply utilizing ActiveRecord.
- Implement RESTful improvement styles and fresh URLs.
- Create a person authentication system.
- Use item orientated recommendations like inheritance and polymorphism.
- Build a entire computerized checking out suite to your application.
- Add plugins to simply improve your application's functionality.
- Use migrations to control your database schema with no info loss.
- Achieve greatest code reuse with filters and helper functions.
- Debug your software utilizing the ruby_debug client.
- Analyze your application's functionality utilizing the Rails logging infrastructure.
- Benchmark your software to figure out functionality bottlenecks.
- And an awful lot more