By Jennifer L. Hesterman
Postmodern international terrorist teams interact sovereign countries asymmetrically with lengthy, sustained campaigns pushed by means of ideology. more and more, transnational legal firms function with sophistication formerly basically present in multinational enterprises. regrettably, either one of those entities can now successfully cover and morph, protecting legislations enforcement and intelligence companies at the hours of darkness and at the run.
Perhaps extra worrying is the truth that al Qaeda, Hezbollah, FARC, drug cartels, and more and more violent gangs―as good as household teams akin to the Sovereign Citizens―are now becoming a member of forces. regardless of differing ideologies, they're threatening us in new and provocative methods. The Terrorist-Criminal Nexus: An Alliance of overseas Drug Cartels, geared up Crime, and Terror teams frames this complicated factor utilizing present examine and real-world examples of the way those entities are sharing wisdom, education, strategies, and―in expanding frequency―joining forces.
Providing coverage makers, protection strategists, legislation enforcement and intelligence brokers, and scholars with new facts of this transforming into danger, this volume:
- Examines present and destiny threats from overseas and family legal and terror groups
- Identifies particular cases within which those teams are operating jointly or in parallel to accomplish their goals
- Discusses the "lifeblood" of contemporary organizations―the funds trail
- Describes how nefarious teams leverage either conventional investment equipment and e-commerce to elevate, shop, stream, and launder money
- Explores the social networking phenomenon and divulges the way it is the suitable clandestine platform for spying, speaking, recruiting, and spreading propaganda
- Investigates emergent strategies reminiscent of using human shields, and the concentrating on of first responders, colleges, hospitals, and churches
This textual content unearths the customarily passed over, misunderstood, or downplayed nexus possibility to the us. Proving definitively that such liaisons exist regardless of differing ideologies, the booklet presents a thought-provoking new examine the complexity and phenomena of the terrorist-criminal nexus.
This publication was once excerpted within the February/March 2013 factor of The Counter Terrorist.